Monday, March 2, 2009

Into March



I took advantage of our Monday morning off and a glorious March morning to sneak in a bike ride before work; temperatures above 50, sunshine, and lots of climbing up small old Portland streets to get to Council Crest twice. What a great way to start the day. One of my favorite things about the small streets that wind through the west hills is the cheap geology you can see in the potholes; first the asphalt, then older concrete, and finally at the bottom streets paved with flat river stones. Every now and again the tracks from the old trolley car that ran up to Council Crest peak through. I may be geeky, but I enjoy being able to see little glimpses of the city's history.

In the office now and preparing for this afternoon's erg sets. The men are scheduled for steady state work on their own, while the women are getting together for 8x500m, partner rest. I'm looking forward to seeing a continuation of Saturday's breakthroughs today.