Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day Weekend


Things I love about Portland. . .

That a few hundred people jumped in the Willamette River this morning for the Portland Triathlon-- one of the missions of the race is to promote the health of the river that we spend our time training on.

That Forest Park, one of the largest city parks in the country, is cut through by the Lief Erickson Trail, on which I had a fantastic bike ride today while my companion went for a fantastic run. We're big fans of this trail all times of year.

That the city is so vibrant and active on the last day of August. With light rain showers and cooler weather, fall is lurking around the corner. Still tons of people out and about this morning running, riding, walking, being outside.

Also, I really love grilled cheese after a muddy bike ride, but that's just me.