Thursday, October 22, 2009

Time for Class



Having a cup of coffee at home, just back from the office and some productive recruiting e-mailing with prospects. With the November 1st early action deadline coming up it's time time of year when I like to make solid connections with folks and try to help them communicate their strengths to the school as best I can. If there are any of you out there we haven't talked to in a while please do drop us a line and let us know what's up in your world.

Next on my schedule is the sculling class this afternoon; the above picture is from Tuesday. We've had some interruptions in the class (wind, fall break, and illness) but are back on track this week and looking forward to some good rowing. I've enjoyed working with this group-- in particular teaching one of our men's team coxswains how to row. Sculling is a great vehicle for getting smaller folks into the sport; it's more balanced and much easier for them to match, and the overall load on the body is much less. All good things.

Portland Fall Classic coming up Sunday, and with it the end of our fall season. I'll do my best to be an excellent journalist for the event.